Why My Neighbor and I No Longer Speak by Andrew Millar

Had this been a better year. Had Phyllis not developed Alzheimer's. Had I received one call from our friends. Had somebody sent a casserole one of those long nights, I might have contained myself, and not castrated the neighbor's hound the fourth time it had its way with our Schnauzer.




Andrew Millar's stories have appeared or are forthcoming in The MacGuffin, The Red Clay Review, and The Oleander Review. He is working on a novel, like just about everyone else. He's also a senior editor at Fugue, the University of Idaho's literary journal.
This entry was posted on 2:53 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On 1/9/09, 11:05 PM , Anonymous said...

I laughed out loud. Please write more here.