You Take My Breath Away by Stacey Dye
12:45 PM | Author: Glen Binger
You Take My Breath Away by Stacey Dye

The last time you "lost your temper", one of the blows you threw crushed my mid-section. I doubled over as it completely knocked the breath out of me. For a split second, I hoped I wouldn't be able to catch it again.




Stacey Dye has written everything from poetry to radio and television ad copy. It wasn’t until three years ago that she truly began to pursue the art of poetry. Her primary focus is the human condition. She has been featured in Camroc Press Review, Here and Now and Mused, BellaOnline's Literary Journal, Poor Mojo's Almanac(k) and Cafe del Soul. She also has pieces upcoming in Dew on the Kudzu.
This entry was posted on 12:45 PM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On 11/8/09, 4:13 PM , sam cicero said...

What a powerful piece. I had to re-read it a few times