Beginning Years of Solitude by Barry Basden
1:53 PM | Author: Glen Binger
Beginning Years of Solitude by Barry Basden

That rainy weekend she left, the only thing besides weeping that eased Derek's pain at all was searching his shelves for a book he loved, the one that began with an old colonel in front of a firing squad, thinking about his father and the first time he saw ice.




Barry Basden writes mostly short pieces, some published, some not. He edits Camroc Press Review at www.camrocpressreview.com.
This entry was posted on 1:53 PM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

On 2/25/10, 4:13 PM , jr said...

I find everything you write fascinating. I wish you could tell me how you do this. Superb. As usual.

jr

 
On 2/25/10, 8:42 PM , Anonymous said...

Thank you for your kind words, JR. I'm glad you like it and I really appreciate your letting me know.

Barry Basden

 
On 2/26/10, 9:11 AM , Ruth L.~ said...

I second JR's comments, Barry. It's an art what you convey in so few words.