I Was a Cat Once by Mark Budman
11:15 AM | Author: Glen Binger
I Was a Cat Once by Mark Budman

My cat plays snowballs on the deck. He bends his paw at an impossible angle and throws a ball up. He follows me around or herds me toward his feeding bowl.
I can see a cat we cremated before him in his eyes. All cats share one soul. Me too?




Mark Budman's works have appeared or are about to appear in such magazines as Mississippi Review, Virginia Quarterly, The London Magazine, McSweeney's, Turnrow, Connecticut Review, the W.W. Norton anthology Flash Fiction Forward, and elsewhere. He is the publisher of a flash fiction magazine Vestal Review. His novel My Life at First Try was published by Counterpoint Press to wide critical acclaim. He co-edited the anthology You Have Time for This from Ooligan Press; a new anthology is forthcoming in 2010 from Persea Books.
This entry was posted on 11:15 AM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: