Double Barrel by Robert Vaughan
9:15 PM | Author: Glen Binger
Double Barrel by Robert Vaughan

When I was 13, I used my Dad's double barrel shotgun to chase James into the shower. I turned the water on while he pleaded. Later Jeff said he'd asked for it. I wasn't sure. It was all I thought about once I was in Afghanistan.




Robert Vaughan's plays have been produced in NYC, LA, SF and Milwaukee, where he currently resides. He leads two adult writing roundtables at Redbird- Redoak Studio. He likes vegetarian burritos and dark coffee. His blog, One Writer's life is at http://rgv7735.wordpress.com.
This entry was posted on 9:15 PM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

11 comments:

On 4/12/10, 9:36 PM , Pam Parker said...

Whoa.... intense little piece.

 
On 4/12/10, 10:46 PM , Dez said...

Congratulations Robert! This is fantastic...

 
On 4/13/10, 8:02 AM , Don said...

How can you say so much in so little. Also the timing is so current, although, personally, I wish it wasn't.

 
On 4/13/10, 9:03 AM , Yasmine said...

You have such talent, Robert. Your voice is strong and the story is disturbing. Great stuff! Keep on publishing! And thanks, 50 to 1, for picking up this piece.

 
On 4/13/10, 9:04 AM , Beverly said...

Wow, strong material and written so tightly. Just like the rest of your work: timely, insightful, deep.

 
On 4/13/10, 9:10 AM , Theo said...

I just watched "Hurt Locker" last night, and then read "Double Barrel." Your title says it all! Powerful, mesmerizing, haunting.

 
On 4/13/10, 9:27 AM , Brooks Hoffos said...

it is no surprise. you are great! cheers my friend!

 
On 4/13/10, 10:08 AM , Shari said...

It's about time.

 
On 4/13/10, 10:13 AM , Andrea on Dahill said...

Woo hoo! Go Robert!!! Great work.

 
On 4/13/10, 11:48 AM , Walter said...

Holy Shite! This is spectacular! Can't wait to read more of your talent in print!

 
On 4/13/10, 10:46 PM , JR Price said...

This is so succinct. I am impressed!